Tomato, Tomaato

does it really matter?

Dear Diary

Published by ms.parker on Wednesday, September 02, 2009


I have made a vow to myself to never be depressed again. Its stupid and lame, being depressed all the time. I should be happy more often. or maybe ALL the time.and take everything on a positive note uknw?

My phupa passed away this morning. Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi raji'un. Its sad, but atleast he's at a better place. He was paralyzed for a week and now he'll suffer no more. They say its a good thing, a sort of a blessing to die in Ramzan. May Allah grant him jannat. Everyones sad, but phupa was old, it was his time and thats how much God wanted him to live.
And as the dua goes, " We are from God, and unto him is our return".

He was a great person. A sailor back in his youth, he travelled all round the world and spoke around 15 languages including some native african ones =P He was amazing, always full of joy and that's what he was well known for. I'll miss you phupa!

Soo, anyway. I am not sad. I wont be. I am not happy that he's no longer here, but I'm okay, really. 

I was listening to an old song today, save tonight by eagle eye cherry. Also the OST of A lot like love. Sigh, brought back fond memories. 

=)  Later

4 sweet comments:

Anonymous said... @ Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I am so sorry to hear about your Phopha. May his soul rest in peace. and that's a wise decision you made about not being depressed. We should always be happy. Keep smiling =]

P.S I love the songs that you added to your blog. =] They kitty is VARYYY cute. hehe

ms.parker said... @ Saturday, September 05, 2009

thank youuu..varrry much ;)

Rija Yousuf said... @ Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Nobia Parker, I just spent a huge fraction of my life reading your entire blog and I LOVE it. There was so much to relate to.
Never stop blogging =|

Could you blog now, as soon as you see this comment? =/

Aravind Jose T. said... @ Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wish I could recite the comment above of Dee.Dee with him together.

I've got the same feelings too.
THERE IS SO MUCH TO RELATE To.
dont stop writing. it's awesome.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what Phopha mean.
Pardon me.

But, it's great that you stood sane and nice rather than weep or spend time depressed, sitting at a corner and stuff like that

:)

You know you are awesome.

Post a Comment