Tomato, Tomaato

does it really matter?

First day at work

Published by ms.parker on Sunday, August 09, 2009


Sooo finally it's my first day at work. Even though i thought i'd be doing something more interesting, I'm stuck here doing labels for files. But yeah, Mr. Ronald, the really sweet old American dude, the man i'm working under, has promised to help me assist him in handling public events and work on their yearly magazine as sub editor! yayy me.

Every hour there are students coming in. Today is supposedly a 'visit day' where students come to meet the people who changed their lives.
Erm let me start from the beginning.

Crown Prince's Scholarship program, its really amazing. The Crown Prince of Bahrain Sh Salman, he's built this fund sort of thing, and this programme, it selects 10 students (lets call them scholars since the minimum required cgpa is 97%). They let these students choose their university, in the UK, USA or France. They provide them with the funds, allowances, accomodation, and continuous support.
If only I was that smart :( I'd always wanted to attend Yale or Princeton. They sound so classyyy :P

So yeah, the students who have graduated, they keep coming in here on the visit days to meet Mr Ron and Kathleen and Asmat ..sigh, I wish I wasn't just an intern.

Its just 10:15 :( I came in at 8 30 and finished all the file labelling stuff, and 'm bored while these people chat over coffee with those smartpants. :@ 4 hours to go..sigh.

0 sweet comments:

Post a Comment