Tomato, Tomaato

does it really matter?

Gandhi-giri

Published by ms.parker on Friday, October 23, 2009


Anyone can become angry, but to be angry with the right person,
to the right degree at the right time with the right purpose and in the right way. That, is not possible.


Apparently, the average person spends 30 years of his life being angry. Think about it, its true. Every time you're pissed at someone, you're wasting away your time and energy when you could, instead, make good use of it. Laugh, smile, feel good and be happy.

I had a major fight with my mum yesterday. I know, what's new right, we're always arguing. But yesterday was something else.Mum hates technology and everything to do with it. I was discussing project and she started complaining about cellphones. I was typing out my assignment when she started lecturing me about spending too much time over the computer. I had too much on my head going on and I actually snapped at her and told her to go away =/ she got mad, and you can guess the rest.

After a while, lying on my bed with my blanket over my face, sulking over the whole thing, I wondered. I wondered how it'd be like, if I hadn't got angry at that point. It wouldn't have come to this. I would've saved us both the torture, the drama. What if I had just smiled at her, and told her that I'll try talking a lil less on the phone, and spend a lil less time over the computer. It would've been much easier, and I wouldn't have had to be that way to mum. Mums, afterall, aren't mums if they dont bicker =P But no, being the lousy sourpuss that I am, I had to snap back.

I am usually a very peaceful person. No kidding, ask anyone. That does NOT mean I don't get angry. It simply means that I don't let my anger boil up and result in chaos. Except when I lose it, like yesterday. And I hate myself for that.

Think. Think about all the times you were mad about silly, trivial things. When you fought with your friend coz they talked behind your back, or with your boyfriend coz he won't give you time. With your mom coz of her constant bickering or with your dad coz he won't get you a new cellphone.
I believe, everything has a reason. And it probably wasn't even worth getting pissed at. How many times have you got angry and later realized it was completely pointless? We are almost, always wrong in judging people. Like the quote said, we can never be rightfully angry with the right person to the right extent in the right way. There is ALWAYS a solution. Trust me.
And even if its not justified, why not think of it from a different perspective?

Like, I think everybody has a bit of good and bad in them. Nobody is perfect, unless ofcourse, you're superman.

Imagine. Imagine rewinding your life and replacing every pissed off moment with a laugh. Sounds like a pretty wonderful life to me. No frowns, just smiles. No bitching, no talking back, no ego. No terrorists, no blasts, no innocent lives lost. No war and no violence. A small, happy, innocent world. Do I sound like Gandhi?

So anyway, all you lovely people, just only, give it a try. Smile when somebody is annoying the hell out of you, and make peace, not war. Love more and hate less, as DeeDee would put it. Here's all my lou, to all you sweethearts.

'Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were'. -Cherie Scott

It's your call. :-)

5 sweet comments:

shreyansh Mazumdar said... @ Friday, October 23, 2009

=). Sweet write. But I'm never angry no no. NNNNNOOOOO.

Saif said... @ Friday, October 23, 2009

I wasnt aware of this 30 years fact..may be i would spend 10 more years :|
I will try to control , try anger management and yeah u did sound like bapuji there

Rija Yousuf said... @ Friday, October 23, 2009

All hail Nobia Parker! The sub-continents have found their new leader!

Nobia kiiiii
Jaiii ho!

Ok. Seriously. Love it =D. I know a certain some one is going to read this and say, world peace is impossible, yada yada is a myth, but now he won't cuz I just rubbed it, so um, what was I saying? Yeah, possible or not possible, smiley wiley's ftw =D

Anonymous said... @ Friday, October 23, 2009

I agree. But then we always realize this after having said stuff to the people you care for..
Weird na?

P.S - Superman ain't perfect.. He wears his undie over his pants. He's a retard! :P

Dhananjay said... @ Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I am new to your blog... Nice writing :) I will comment more later :) when I will read through entirely ; I will comment more

Post a Comment